Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Perch

Every day, Monday thru Friday, I go to work. Thankfully, I like work. There are many reasons. And while many of the many reasons may not be viewable to the naked eye, there is one reason that is. That reason is because of where I work. Not only is the building cool, but so is the view from the office. I didn't get the best view of the outside of the building, but here is at least one angle, from which you can actually take a gander of my office from the outside:



I really enjoy this building because firstly, it reminds me of something I'd see in a Tim Burton cartoon movie, like James and the Giant Peach -- only it's a real building, even with all of its absurd angles and shapes. And it has lots of open space and high ceilings inside.

If you look where the doors are to the left of the trees, there is a big box of windows right above it. That's MY office!

And here is the view from my office:



Even more, if I were a taller sort of person, I would see a different view because, as you can see from this picture, the view just keeps going up, up and up:



Now, ordinarily I wouldn't boast about something like this. However, I think it is completely obvious that in a building full of elite PhD faculty and otherwise important people, I am a peon and completely undeserving of this most lovely perch. And somehow this makes it ok for me to brag away -- I mean share with you all. Ahem.

Now, a note about the less aesthetically pleasing, but somewhat entertaining views, this is the taping job that I wear around these days:



I wore it to church last week and no one said a word, so I just figured it wasn't as obvious as I thought. I found out otherwise when I went to church today and EVERYBODY was wondering what ON EARTH happened to me, "poor thing." I'm a bit of a pessimist and I don't really think this is going to stave off my ankle injury through marathon training for the next four months. It's good stuff, but I'm not sure anything is THAT good. But I will be sporting it for as long as I am going to be training, I think. Quite the fashion statement. Yeah, I think everyone will be wearing these sooner or later. It's totally cool. Ben said it looked like I was wearing "V" for victory -- right before he started to refuse to be seen with me in public.

2 comments:

Johnny and Anny said...

Cool office, I dig the architecture too. That's a hot look you got going on there, you are hardcore! You make me almost want to buy a ticket and cheer you on at the sidelines for the NY marathon...that would be pretty sweet actually:). You are motivation itself!

Sharona said...

You should buy a ticket! But not yet. I'm still not sure I'M going. :) And I was less inspirational last night to Ben as I took a nap after dinner rather than cross training at the gym (woops). Ha ha.. Some days I do better than others!