Friday, June 5, 2009

Did I Do That?

So much for slim chances. Yesterday afternoon, I checked my email and found this inside my box waiting for me.

marathonmailer@nyrr.org to me

June 4, 2009

Countdown to the start November 1, 2009:
149 Days
Dear Sharon Young,
Entry Number:
Congratulations! You have been accepted to run the ING New York City Marathon 2009 on Sunday, November 1. On behalf of New York Road Runners, I welcome you to the 40th running of the world’s greatest marathon. We’re hard at work preparing to give you the experience of a lifetime.
Please visit the ING New York City Marathon Entrant Login at your earliest convenience. From this page you can provide or verify your emergency race-day contact, supply information that will allow us to assign your race-day transportation to the start, cancel your entry if needed, and take advantage of special offers for marathon entrants.
You’ll need your username and password to access the Entrant Login. If you don’t know your username and/or password, please e-mail reghelp@nyrr.org. Include your name and entry number in your e-mail.
Please consider using your marathon experience as an opportunity to raise money for Team for Kids or another worthy cause. Visit our charities page for more information.
We’ll be in touch frequently between now and race day, and we’ll post the latest news on the ING New York City Marathon site. We look forward to seeing you in November!
Sincerely,

Mary Wittenberg
President and CEO, New York Road Runners
Race Director, ING New York City Marathon


I think I'm in for it. This means I actually need to train. Aye aye aye.

3 comments:

Johnny and Anny said...

Wow! What are the odds that you'd get selected in the lottery?! Congratulations...and I suppose it's fate?

Anne said...

Well that's ONE way to decide to run a marathon!

dolly d. said...

Are you kidding me?! That is too crazy for words.