Friday, April 17, 2009

It was so fun to see you guys!

Ben and I are now recovering from our all-too-brief visit to Utah where we didn't get to see 1/2 as many people as we wanted to, but relished the family and friends we WERE able to visit. What can I say? Five days is just not enough. I spent my first day there hanging out with my sister, which was fabulous, while Ben pruned his parents' yard. And that night we went out to dinner with our fabulous friends, Derrick & Brian. We wish Derrick all the best on his mission to Toulouse, France (I am so jealous), and promise to try our hardest to accidentally run into him while he's there.

The next day (Friday) Ben and I woke up and went to one of my favorite places in Salt Lake -- Nordstrom Rack. Yeah for shopping! Then I whisked my dearest friend Adrian away and dragged her along with me to visit Park City. Amongst our ventures there, we saw Jane from the Peace House. Jane is one of my all-time favorites. She's savvy, sassy and smart. What's not to like about that? But alas, I have neglected to take pictures up to this point, so all this itinerary is very uninteresting, to be sure. To make up for it, I am including a couple of short videos of animals that Ben and I took with our camera while visiting the Cincinnati Zoo in March, in hopes you may find that equally amusing:






At last, I got around to using my camera Friday night. We went to Mikol & Gerrit's wedding reception. She was gorgeous! It was lovely. And we loved seeing everybody there.



On Saturday morning, it was time for the EASTER EGG HUNT!!!














(a couple of shots of the avid hunters)
















The hunters were quite pleased with their findings. And who wouldn't be. With only 5 kids and over 180 eggs to find, everyone is bound to get a lot of booty!














So many eggs so little time. Don't worry. Not all the eggs had candy in them. Some had nickels and some had, well, nothing actually.



And here is my ever-growing nephew, Chris. So tall. When did that happen!?!?! He was in diapers, crawling around with a goofy grin yesterday, I swear.



After the hunt, it was off to Ben's brother Jeremy's and his wife Larene's, in Ogden. Here are his gorgeous twin sisters, Charity & Jessica, with two adorable little nieces, Emma and Breanna. Cute!



Karla had the delightful experience of being mistaken for a human jungle gym by her nephews.



And here are a few of the Young boys relishing in one of their favorite pastimes.... video games. Daniel is sporting his new do. I must say, he looks very distinguished as a baldy.



This picture i absolutely LOVE. Ben rarely lets me take pictures of him. And when he does, he has to review them and insists I delete them because he doesn't like them. So I just started flashing pictures at him without really aiming, to be sly and stealth-like. And wadda ya know? Doesn't he look cute?



Here's Mom Young with a sleeping Kayla in her arms. You would never guess by her angelic, restful face that she will be a teenage girl with all the craziness that comes with it in just a few short years. I'm sure you're really excited about that, Larene. :)





And here are a couple of shots of one of the cutest little girls ever, Emma, being held by her mother Gretchen who is responsible for her daughter's good looks. Look at those dimples! To die for.










These are just a couple of my favorite shots of the day. May have something to do with them being a couple of my favorite people. But they just look... good.








Are you still here? Wow, you're dedicated. Last but not least, a cute shot of Dad Young playing games on Sunday with his grandsons, Carter and Henry, at Aunt Kathy's house.

We really loved seeing everybody! We miss you!

2 comments:

Johnny and Anny said...

That trip went too fast!! We all miss you and Ben, and are wishing you lived closer! Cool pictures.

love,
all of the young girls.

P.S.
We need a re-match in frolf.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Sad we didn't get to see you! Everyone looks great!