Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just Another Week

It'S just another week and I don't know that I have a great deal of personal news to share. I just updated the Sartorial Freshman blog, if you're curious, as Jefe and I have been at the LA Fabric & Textile Trade Show all day today & yesterday and will have one more day of it tomorrow.

I got to go to lunch with my good friend, Will, last week. He's great. I like having Will around. He helps me work out, he likes to play games, camps, travels, encourages me to actually relax in the steam room and he's huge, so when we hang out it's like walking around with my own personal body guard. He tells me exactly what he thinks as well. I like that. However, I didn't find out that he didn't like Pam, my beetle, until I got my new car, which apparently he does like. A bit of delay since I had that car for about 5 years and have known him for about 4 or so of them. So, I guess for the most part, he tells me what he thinks. And he paid for lunch! It's good to have friends like him.

I think I got my studio rented out. Thank Heavens! I really wasn't looking forward to starting to make car payments & float all the expenses for the studio all at the same time. I think my anxiety levels almost went straight through the roof last week. But alas, all may be well.

I'm hoping that next time I take three days off work, I will find something more relaxing to do. All this fabric and fashion stuff is wearing me out!

The trip out here has been a bit of Christmas for me. Upon arriving in LA, Jefe blessed me with my very own lap top computer! Yeah! This also means that I can now post pictures on the blog again. Oh the joy.

He also sent out a pair of gorgeous shoes from a friend in Jersey who bought them and then found out they were too small. They are just what I have been looking for all spring. A cute print heel that isn't too crazy but fun enough to spice up a basic outfit. They are a cream canvas type fabric with black leather appliques in funky shapes all over the shoe, a slight black lip over toe and a black heel that I estimate is 3 or 3 1/2 inches. And they fit perfectly. I love shoes! Especially rad ones like these.

I left for the airport at about 4 am Monday morning and went directly to the fabric show once I got to LA, so I have had a rough time catching up on my sleep since I got here. Male, the lucky dog, got to be the one to drive me to the airport. I felt like the biggest jerk asking him to do that for me. As a general rule, he just doesn't function at that hour. But he took me anyway. That is quite possibly the greatest sacrifice he has ever made for me. I think that means something. That's big. He may put up with my crap, pay for dinner, open my doors, console me when I'm upset and fly to NJ with me even while being deathly ill, but never before did I even imagine he was capable of waking up at 4am. And to do it on purpose, for me. Now THAT'S love.

I think I'm going to have some working out to do when I get home. I don't know what it is about traveling or eating with other people, but I am never quite in tune with how hungry or full I am-- especially when I'm around other people. And I totally don't like the feeling of over eating. I just feel so -- full. For so -- long. Eugh.

2 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Glad to hear things are going well with your business and Male. And remember you never go on a trip to save money or lose weight! Good luck with all the work stuff.

Andrea said...

Ah, I love your stinkin' guts! ;-)

I'm glad you've had a very wonderful week. All kinds of good stuff, huh?