Friday, April 18, 2008

The End Of The Trip

Well, our last day in LA was on Wednesday. Jefita and I went to the tradeshow to finish up and stayed there till around 12 or so. Then, we left and went to get some food. Here is where I offer a story of warning.

We went to Los Angolos, across the street from the California Market Center. The food was delicious and the menu had lovely soups and sandwiches and it was pretty heavily trafficked by people who looked like locals, so we thought we were making a good decision. And they gave us olive oil & balsamic vinegar to dip our bread with, which I have always considered a nice perk at a restaurant. I had a veggie sandwich & Jefita had a salad.

Then we went to get pedicures. Wwe only do this in LA. At least so far. I've considered having them done in Utah since I enjoyed the experience so much, but haven't yet. This time, I got a great blackish purple on my toes. And the lady who did them was from Russia and very nice. However, she was the only pedicure lady there, so the process took longer than we anticipated and made us too late to go to the seminar we had planned on going to on how to start a clothing line(which really isn't so bad because up to that point, all the seminars we'd been to had been useless and I've read at least 4 or 5 books on this subject and can't imagine they have anything earth-shatteringly new to add. I'll just go re-read a book if I feel like I need it). So, instead, we headed back to our car to find something else to kill time with. At this point I noticed I was achy absolutely everywhere, I had the chills and my stomach felt terrible.

Male, who is quite familiar with these side effects, has since diagnosed me with food poisoning. I was terrible company for jeff and we didn't have much more than an hour before we should have been leaving for the airport, so we just left early and had mercy on my poor, miserable and pathetic self.

It has kept me company for the past two days, in different phases. It's terrible. The only positive -- I no longer have to worry about any extra pounds I may have gained in LA. Not being able to eat for stomach pains will do that to you. But I think I would have preferred to work the pounds off at the gym. It's really not worth it to do it this way.

So be forewarned. You may not get food poisoning if you go to Los Angolos. But until Wednesday, I've had a stomach of iron. I'm absolutely positive I've eaten food that should have given me food poisoning before and have never gotten it. So, I'm either getting weaker in my old age or they have some crazy food-handling methods in the kitchen at Los Angolos.

2 comments:

dolly d. said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I've had that and I think it was more miserably painful than anything else I've ever endured. I think I even started to wonder who would find me first if I happened to die. Morbid, I know. I'm just glad it sounds like you are over the worst.
On another note. Fun trip! And I hope you feel like it was as productive as you were hoping for!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Sorry you got food poisoning...never fun! How does this Thursday look for you?! I will be in SLC for a conference until about 3:30pm...