Monday, February 4, 2008

Finally!

I swear, I've been on the job search for an eternity. At least it felt like eternity. It's probably been 4 or 5 months. I can't remember when I started. And it's been a long haul. There have been interviews. There have been 2nd interviews. But never the job offer. At least, not from the job I wanted. And then..... it happened! Hurray! Yippee! I can hardly believe it! I can hardly wait! But I have to, for two weeks. If I can survive the commute in the every-other-day-mob-by-snowstorm we've gotten lately, then I will finally be there.

I just got hired by this fabulous nonprofit that ships donated medical supplies all over the world. Yeah! I can finally start helping to save a village in Africa. You've no idea how long I've had that on my to-do list. And they are training me to be their development director. I'm SOOOO excited about that. And the commute is 5 minutes from my house in Salt Lake. How fabulous is that?! I'm already daydreaming about how much extra time I'm gonna have to go to the gym. And I won't really have to work at Chloe Lane. So I can do LOTS of stuff. Like go to church on Sundays. I might even be able to pick up my guitar on occasion. And hang out with people on the weekends. And go to Will's "rock band" parties. Ok, I may or may not do that.

Anywho, I also don't need to get a new car so soon. Thanks for all the feedback, you guys. Really, you're great. But I'm happy to say, though a new car would have been fun, I don't have to get one just yet. I can wait till I can better afford it. And until I can afford the hybrid or diesel version. Double bonus.

5 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Glad to hear you can go back to church and don't have to drive as much. Good luck saving Africa!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Church, good. Saving Africa, good. Waiting to buy a car, good. Life for you, good.

eclaires said...

Wahoo! Congratulations on the new job! I'm so happy for you, while still being slightly jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! I KNEW this would happen! Just knew it! I'm so excited for you, and so excited for the expedited ease with which we can now plan Scrabble nights ... since you'll GET a night once in a while ...

dolly d. said...

Sooooooo happy for you and all the extra time you'll have to spend with ME! ;)