Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Last Weeks and Weekends

I got back from LA on Sunday night. It was a very fun trip. Jefe was already there for a law conference, so I went out to meet up, talk business and play. Apparently, most lawyers go there for the sex and the open bar. So having two single mormons there is questionable. But I promise, we just went to events and had a good time and did some business planning. No sex, drugs or rock & rolling for us. But we did find a college bar that had foosball and air hockey. Good times. Good times.

Fun highlight: after the Saturday night event they had at the swanky "it" club called The Sky Bar, where we hob-nobbed near the real "it" people who normally go there to feel more important and hip than everybody else on the planet, we went back to the Beverly Hilton and somehow managed to walk up the stairs that landed us (unknowingly, I swear) right within the red carpet area just after the Pre-Grammy celebration had finished. And there they were: Pink, Nelli, Blake Lewis, a bunch of directors I don't know, and some hip and beautiful female R&B/Rap star who had a body guard the size of Godzilla. Just so you know, Pink is a lot more petite in person than you'd think. I think all her music videos make her look kind of big and manly-ish. It's not true. She is officially "little". And for some reason she really likes her jeans, because she has the Seven For All Mankind brand tattooed on the back of her neck. Go figure.

There was no snow there. I really liked that. And I got a pedicure for the 2nd time in my life. I also got to go inside Barney's, Saks, and all the cool Rodeo Drive stores, like Ferragamo, Versace, Valentino, Prada.. I could go on, but I'll spare you. And I'll elaborate more about all the "businessy kind of stuff" on my other website where I'm allowed to rant about fashion and other business-related stuff.

So, now I'm back at work, and it is my last week. I am so glad it is my last week. However, I'm most glad that it is only expected to snow 1-3 inches this week, so the commute won't be terrible. We already have a new "me", so I've been pretty busy training her and have hardly had a moment to think about my new job. And when I'm not at work, I'm hell-bent on trying to get all my research and work done for the business.

The worst of it is I haven't even had a moment to work out, which I very much need to do. I gained three pounds in three days on my trip to LA. In actuality, I think I may have gained three pounds in three hours, when I ate two Godiva chocolate bars and a small bag of beef jerky while waiting at the airport. Yum. Okay, so my jeans felt tight way before that, but I'm gonna guess they didn't help.

Here's to hoping that after this week, I'll have some downtime.

No comments: