Monday, October 26, 2009

More on the thoughts of CSOT

So, I haven't thought about CSOT (Constant State of Temporary) much in the last few months...and the truth is I have been so busy running around, that not many decisions are hanging around for my perusal or deliberation. But I happened upon a lovely little quote from a dear friend of mine in the UK (you know who you are) that epitomizes some of the thoughts behind CSOT.

The quote is: "You can only steer a moving ship" - John Smith While this seems so very basic, and one of those kind of "duh" comments, I am hoping that it is actually one of those "ah hah" moments! How often do we want or seek direction without movement or momentum? How often are we instructed to take action and continually seek guidance? Are we ever instructed to not act until guidance is received?

This is short and sweet, but I thought I would drop it in there while I had the time to think about it (ok, I don't really have the time, I more have this thought in my head, and out of fear of forgetting said thought, I posted it in hopes of dispersing it and preserving it for future reflection.)

4 comments:

Sharona said...

Well, I can't remember what was discussed when you brought this topic up last, but it kinda causes me to have another "duh" thought that we would be naive to think we live in an existence that is anything BUT temporary.

Family Business said...

So, you are stealing my quotes now! John Smith may intervene and claim copyright!

David Turner (Family Business)

Jefe said...

It is true.....life as a whole is temporary...but you and I both know those times where we refuse to make decisions or make decisions thinking things will change sooner rather than later because "it's temporary". (You know, when you do a crap job at fixing something cause it will break later anyways, or you don't do something because you won't be here long, or whatever it is....it's all about sinking in to your environment/situation and making the most out of the current scenario as possible...and usually that doesn't involve DuckTape!) If you buy a house....it isn't a temporary thing, even though it is (in the grand scheme of things...but shrink your microcosm for me a little bit!)

Jefe said...

Of course I am stealing your quotes...I did say that I would I believe when you gave it to me! :)