Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wedding Updates

Ben & I were driving back from Roy area last night after having helped his brother & family move into a new home. As we passed the Bountiful LDS Temple on the highway, Ben said, " Six more weeks..." It took me a moment to clue into what he was talking about. And then I uttered a passive, calm "Oh yeah..." And then, just a moment after, I uttered a loud MENTAL, "OH MY GOSH! Are you serious?!" Only six weeks.... That's impossible! We totally aren't ready yet. We have so much to do!

Indeed we do. But I exxagerate a bit. I really just think we have "SO MUCH" because I don't have absolutely EVERYTHING already done. This sets me ill at ease. Always. But we're making good progress.

- We tried on tuxes yesterday (okay, so really Ben tried them on and I critiqued.)
- I am going cake tasting with my sister tonight.
- My ring should be coming in any day now (I have never been one to ogle or even give a flying fig about wedding rings, so I am shocked at myself when I realize I am SO EXCITED for it to finally come. I really am!)
- My wedding dress jacket just came in and it fits!!! Hallelujah.
- We took engagement photos last week and should get them back very soon. I'm not really sure why I anticipate this so much, as I know exactly what Ben and I look like in pictures. I've even seen Ben & I in pictures together before. With the amount of excitement I have, it's like I expect to see us magically transformed into some version of Angelina and Brad that people would obviously recognize to be Ben & I in the photos. I just don't get myself sometimes.
- bridal showers are being planned. I apologize to all friends and family who feel obligated to come. But I really hope you do! What can I say? I'm mean & selfish like that. And we will endeavor to make them as fun and un-bridal-shower-hokey-boring-like as possible.

Of course, there are a few things in the air still. We don't have the honeymoon pinned down yet. Nor do we know for sure what state (both physically & mentally)we will live in POST-wedding, I haven't decided whether or not to have a veil, haven't found the shoes yet, still need to figure out amounts of food for the reception, create an agenda for the reception, talk more with the band, send out invitations....

I think I just like to get riled up and torture myself into a frenzy by listing off the myriad of things I haven't done yet. It'll get done, I'm sure. And I'm really excited it's getting closer. Sometimes I think, "Oh, let's just be married already." But we will be. Soon enough. Most definitely soon enough.

4 comments:

Anne said...

If you are still considering what physical state you will be living in...may I suggest Minnesota. I know, it's not flashy, sometimes considered fly-over...but I can sing it's praises til the cows come home (not that that's all we have here)if you'd like! Just think about it. (Ok, I know we don't have a snowball's chance in *bleep*, but I still have to try!)

eclaires said...

Six weeks! I think it's endearing that Ben was the one who remembered and said something. :)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Woohoo! Six weeks! Good for you guys.

May I say that I never thought I'd be all excited about my wedding ring either. But, I LOVE it to pieces. And, I'm glad that Mark was patient enough with me to find the one that I liked.

And, I definitely know what you mean about the engagement pictures. It's like you just want them to be stunning, since that's how you kind of feel right now--stunning and glowy and all kinds of good stuff. You just want that to show so you can always remember it.

Wanderingfamilies said...

I cannot believe that you have only 6 weeks left!?! You are going to be a stunning bride! I am so excited for you! Everything will come together - you will see - good luck!