Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can't Hardly Wait

So, there are many changes in life that I could be anxiously awaiting. Waiting for the wedding, waiting till I get to have all of my family & friends come into town, waiting to figure out the honeymoon plans... But there is one thing I can really HARDLY wait for and it can't happen SOON ENOUGH.

If it weren't for all the planning and time needed to prepare, I would say it's the wedding, but it's not. It's starting at my new job! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! And why do I anticipate it with such little patience and so much enthusiasm!?

Well, I could say it's because it's a great new job. It is. And I could say it's because they have some exciting projects going on. They do. But one factor trumps all. I can't wait to get away from my current creepy, icky, unstable, spawn-of-the-devil boss. Have you ever met someone and wondered how the heck they got to where they are? Ding, Ding, Ding!! Tis this man. Several somebodies have had severe lapses in judgement. Repeatedly. And I lay my complaints and all the blame at their feet, wherever and whomever they are.

I realize this might come as a shock. It comes as a bit of a shock to me too. I rarely dislike people, especially so strongly. However, as it is, I've got "it" bad. I keep telling myself that I don't have any ill will towards this man, but I don't actually believe that's true. I actually HAVE ill will (OH MY GOSH!) and I think I SHOULD feel really bad about that. Really bad. How do I know.? Well, I wondered a bit at firsxt, but I had my first clear sign when news got out that the poor man's basement flooded and I founnd a smile moving across my insides. Sometimes I find it very hard to behave myself! "How did this become good news? I'm confused. But it seems to be good news. It feels like good news.... Huh. I think he's turned me to the dark side...." So goes my inner monologue.

I feel less bad, admittedly, because I am so supported in my disdain for him. I've never worked for someone so wholly and unanimously offensive to people. All my coworkers help foster this distaste I have by regularly reporting the disrespectful, dishonest, condescending, hypocritical and insane things he does & says. But alas, I will be completely detached and will see nor hear nor speak of evil -- because I'll be at a new job and my boss here won't be there to see, hear or speak of! Just two more days.... I can do it.....Can't wait for Monday. La la la la la. Can't, can't wait. Oh boy.

3 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

1) Didn't you just recently start this job?

2) Boy, I know what you mean about being in a job with a lousy boss. My last job (in DC) - I could not WAIT to get out of there. At first I thought it was my imagination that my boss was treating me badly, but then my co-workers started sticking up for me and talking to me about how they'd never seen her (the boss) treat someone like she'd been treating me. And, they didn't love her to begin with.

3) I'm so excited for you wedding. Woot!

4) What's your new job going to be?

Anne said...

Yeah!!! Have I told you that I CAN'T wait to see you? I'm a little disappointed that Ben was too chicken for the boys camping trip. That would have been the fastest, easiest way to sell him on MN. OH well, I will find other ways (insert wicked laugh here).

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Didn't know you got a newer new job but glad to hear you will be getting away from demon boss. Glad to hear wedding plans are coming along and can't wait to see the announcement.