Friday, January 4, 2008

A Notable Occasion

Today marks an unusual day. Just moments ago, as a matter of fact, I experienced something that hasn't happened in many moons, ... possibly even a year or so.

Let me set it up for you. See, I was hungry, but had already eaten lunch. I haphazardly decided my hunger was substantial enough to warrant action. So, on my way back to the office, I stopped at 7-eleven to see what might appeal to my unsatiated appetite. And then it happened.

Suddenly, I found myself inexplicably drawn to the glass-encased shelves in the front of the store. It almost never happens, so the attraction came as a complete shock to me. But it was also undeniable. I, sharona, who has tofu tastes and fears saturated fat and deep-fried anything more than a child fears Chucky or Freddy Kruger on Halloween, wanted a donut. So I got one. It was a white donut with white icing and sprinkles. I think I would have liked it better if they had just had a glazed one, without the icing. But it was delicious.

2 comments:

dolly d. said...

Hee hee, I can totally identify. But no matter how good that one donut sounds (and inevidably is) I try very hard to always remember that the second one is bound to make me sick. So go ahead, indulge and enjoy, and then stop. Ha! (Like I know you did)

Wanderingfamilies said...

Plain, glazed donuts are the ONLY way to go!