Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Little Thoughts

Funny things I used to think when I was little:

1) people divorce by taking off their wedding rings
2) gum stays in your stomach for 7 years
3) if you swallow the seeds, almost anything can grow in your stomach
4) my family had perfect genes: no cancer, diabetes, no nothing. only other families had "gene baggage." ( I don't know where I got that one.)
5) I would grow up and look perfect, and I'd just naturally be that way, effort free.
6) adults knew lots of stuff. Everything, actually.
7) rules were immovable. Negotiating never crossed my mind.
8) When in doubt, look to the tall person for wisdom. (I still believe that one, actually)
9) everything bad in my life was someone else's fault, and most often my brother's.
10) hiding in clothes racks at the store is the most fun ever.
11) If you do something wrong, just give a blank stare and don't say anything and maybe no one will notice.
12) everybody knows something I don't.
13) all candy and ice cream are only consumable if you eat them in one sitting, regardless of the quantity. Otherwise, someone else will consume them before you do.
14) Beds are made for storing your stuffed animals.
15) It was cruel of my parents to make me go on family vacation at a resort in France for 3 weeks every summer, away from all my friends and with only my siblings to play with. Why don't we ever go somewhere cool, like Cape May, the Poconos or Myrtle Beach.

2 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I can actually remember you doing some of those things and remember thinking some myself...except of course for the tall person thing since I am that tall person that wishes they new everything!

dolly d. said...

Oh yes, hiding in clothes racks is the most fun ever...and I also agree with #2, 13, and 14. And you poor child being dragged off to Paris every year. Parents can be so cruel. Just goes to show that what matters to a kid is not awsome destinations, but the fun had in anyone place. Hm, that may be profound enough that I need to think of it and elaborate elsewhere...