Monday, April 30, 2007

Mama Mia, Papa Pia

I just got back yesterday from a fabulous trip to Vegas. I was accompanied by three friends who are just as fabulous, if not more so. Throughout our girl's weekend, we got to discuss everything and do whatever we wanted. And it was all ever so enlightening.

I learned that there's a fire still aburnin' through my veins when it comes to wanting to rock out as a lead singer in a band. Or maybe just a jazz lounge singer. Really. I would love to croon while suggestively draping myself over a piano. Doesn't that sound fun? Someday. For now, karaoke will just have to do. I also learned that others in our group have their own hidden, inner desires for becoming an exotic dancer. And to that, all I have to say is.... Who knew? And if anyone knows when that pole-dancing workout class for soccer moms is coming to Utah, please shoot me an email with applicable information. I know a few ladies who might be interested.

It was SO nice to be out of town. And SO nice to have nothing pressing to worry about. We just had fun. All weekend.

We saw the show "Mamma Mia". I wasn't previously a huge Abba fan. But I have also previously never been to a show where the urge to jump up out of my seat and dance, dance, dance was almost uncontrollable. Don't get me wrong. It takes little to make me want to jump up and dance, dance, dance. Most often, the urge goes uncontrolled and I end up dance, dance dancing myself into a drowned-rat-like, sweaty and drunkenly happy little mess. I just don't usually encounter stimulants for that kind of thing at a broadway show. Clearly, I'd never seen Mamma Mia before. I have since been completely converted to Abba. Well, at least as far as the show is concerned.

We went shopping. We hung out by the pool. I won a whopping $15 at blackjack. I subsequently learned that blackjack is just as good as making out. That's why I stopped at $15. I think this is very dangerous information for me to have.

It was quite the trip. Full day every day. Good thing we all remembered to wear our 18-hour bras.

No comments: