Monday, November 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I always knew I didn't feel like our apartment was home. It's nice enough. I like the two bathrooms. And the kitchen's not so bad. But I'm just not at home there. It's a little too small, Ben has no place to garden, I'm a 1/2 hour away from any viable shopping center... and the list goes on.

I have had visions of hope for moving. I first thought Ben and I might buy a home here. But then we decided that we shouldn't. Even if we're here for 2 more years, it just doesn't make enough monetary sense to us at this point. And then, for a brief couple days I thought maybe we'd move from Ohio altogether. Nope. We're here. Probably for a couple more years.

Are you seriously telling me I have to stay couped up in this little apartment for two more years!?!? Of course I don't! So, I'm lobbying for a move. Ben's a sucker for a lawn. And double bonus (in the only way this could possibly be seen as a bonus) -- we have another mouse. GROSS! And who wants to stay in a mousy apartment? I mean, really.

I can just taste victory. I'm already doing the happy dance in the living room of our new rented single family unit in my mind.

3 comments:

dolly d. said...

Oo, sounds exciting. And I wish you the best. It is very fun to have a bigger place...and I too am looking forward to a lawn in the spring.

Anne said...

A little dirt to play in is therapeutic. You absolutely deserve a single family home!

dolly d. said...

So, have you found anything?