Monday, September 14, 2009

INTJ - You can call me Bob the Builder!

So, for reasons not to be disclosed, I took a personality test the other day, and while I don't know how accurate or inaccurate they are, we'll go for it for now.

If you go over to http://www.humanmetrics.com/, you can take the Myers-Briggs Jung test for free, and it will give you 4 little letters and a score corresponding to each letter. The bigger the number, the more you possess that specific trait.

After I took the little test, the little site told me I was an INTJ...or rather Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging. Well, let's just say that 4 little letters aren't all that indicative to me of anything other than 4 little letters, so I went to do a bit more research and found this little site: http://typelogic.com/intj.html Whatever your personality type, it will give you a reasonable idea of what someone interprets those characteristics to mean.

Now, normally I don't get into all this classification mumbo jumbo. It seems simplistic, limiting, and well, odd to me, but nonetheless, I am going with it. After reading the description of INTJ, I thought it was fairly accurate, or accurate enough for me to give it more than a 50% reliance factor, and probably more like a 60 - 70% reliance factor...which in my book, is really pretty high.

Anyways, if you have free time, or comments on the Myers-Brings...would love to hear it. According to the personality test, apparently I have picked a very apt career, which is nice to know, and am destined to conquer the world, which we all know is my life long dream and ambition.

Oh and apparently if you are an ENFP or ENTP, you and I should get together for a drink or something! :)

3 comments:

dolly d. said...

Ha, I just put together that I tested as an INTJ too. Hey, I thought we were rare. Goes to show, though, that with lots of similarities people can still be extremely different.

Sharona said...

I find this totally fascinating. My dear brother who I am very close with is an INTJ, one of my best friends is an INTJ and it just so happens that my husband also tested to be an INTJ (though he's also borderline INTP). Apparently I really like INTJ's. Rare as you are, I sniff you out like a hound dog and try to make you my own. :)

dolly d. said...

Ha! Sharon, that is awesome. I bless my INTJness that brought you to me.