Monday, September 7, 2009

A blast from the past

So, I have been a slacker of late and I honestly am not sure I have a very good excuse. Life has been busy, but no more busy than usual....perhaps, it is because I have been away from home more rather than just working at home (shhhhh....don't tell anyone!)

Anyways, last Monday and Tuesday, I took the young men in my ward on a little camping trip...oh the good ol' days. Anyways, I was conversing with the other adult on the trip...wonderful guy, and we were reminiscing of a camping trip we went on when I was like 12. It was probably one of the craziest, but most memorable trips I had as a boy scout. And lo and behold, he had pictures and journal entries of the trip.

I don't normally post pics or anything like that, I mean Sharona is the expert on that, but I guess I'll do it this time. Here are a few pics from all those years back....enjoy!

This is all the junk we carried for the few days we were out there. This is in Adirondack Park, New York on a 4 day trip.



This is Scott Whale, Mike Janosko, and myself, paddling in what was probably the craziest canoe trip ever!!



We were freezing...and I mean freezing! Let's just say fires are real nice. The funny part about this campout...Jim Perucca brough a CHAINSAW!!! That is where all that fantastic wood came from. Unfortunately, he also sank his boat, and so we had to go diving for food!! :)



Ahhhh...this is the crew....the crazy bunch we were. Norm Swindler is missing from the crew, but eh, you get the idea. I was a little tike, I was.


2 comments:

Sharona said...

Oh my GOSH! Those pics are hilarious! So awesome. Ahh.. memories.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Great pics! I remember the stories from that trip...love it! I will have to show this to Scott!