Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reaching My Full Potential

I have a mind full of great ideas. And I have a wish to do almost everything. I would like to be fluent in French, live in a foreign country for a while, have my own successful business, have a political career, have a dog, have children, get back into theater, travel to Africa every year for a month or so and do humanitarian work, bake goodies for people, train for and do triathlons, read a lot of books, go dancing with my husband, play the guitar more often, get into gardening. The only problem is all of these things take time. I mean, seriously! When am I going to do all that?! Well, I do know that, though I may still dream about doing all that, I will probably not get it ALL done within the next two years. It may take me a little longer.

Dreams seem to take a lot of time, work, preparation.... at least so I've thought. Turns out I was wrong. At least not ALL dreams take a long time. Last week was our Relief Society enrichment night -- they provided us with dinner and we provided a variety show of talents, randomness and, well, a bit of silliness really. At this talent show I became a world champion. An amazing talent. I became the world's first, only and greatest "clog-a-hooper". I also invented a sport. That's right. You read that right. I clog-a-hoop. Ok, not that I do it often. Really, I did it that afternoon just to make sure I could and then I followed that up with doing it for the audience that evening and I haven't really tried it out since. It was a fleeting career.

Nonetheless I felt proud. A small side story to this little ditty -- earlier that day I had gone visiting teaching and had been giving the lesson. We got on some kind of a tangent and I was talking to them about how I often tell people that I don't drink because I really just don't need to. I'm already a rip roaring good time sober and me drinking could be, well, quite scandalous and probably illegal. This sister made an appearance at the talent show and saw my number. After the show, this very mild-mannered sister came up to me and had a piece of advice/warning for me -- "You're right, Sharon. You should never drink."

It's that obvious, is it? Right. Well, good to know I'm not alone in that opinion.

3 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

[deep breath]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

dolly d. said...

I second Mrs. Cheeseball...so just what IS clog-a-hooping?

Sharona said...

ahh... yes. It is clogging while hoola-hooping. Or is it hoola-hooping while clogging? Eh, you get the idea.