Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Who is responsible?

So, I had a phone call from a friend the other day, and everything was fine and normal. We chat pretty much daily, so not much changes necessarily from day to day. However, today, she called, I had absolutely nothing to talk about. As a matter of fact she was busy doing some monotonous task and just wanted to be entertained.

My question I thus pose is, who is responsible to carry the conversation? Is it the person who called or the recipient of the call? Initially, I would assume that the initiator or caller is responsible to 1. have something to talk about, or 2. ask some sort of questions to further the conversation.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

The caller is responsible to entertain.

I love the blog!

Jeff: It was fun seeing you this summer! I am glad that you are getting paid more for individual clients and that you are doing well.

Sharebear: Let's get together soon! I miss you!

P.S. I finally joined the cyber-world and have a blog, too: www.teamkcw.blogspot.com

dolly d. said...

I don't think it's anyone's responsibility. Sometimes I call a sister and we just kind of hang out for a while...talking if we have something to say and not talking if we don't. Of course when one of our ears get tired or we have something else to do we'll say as much and sianara. But it might be different with friends...hm.