Friday, September 23, 2011

Books




Ben and I have been cleaning house little by little, organizing our paperwork, throwing out things we don't need, and figuring out what we actually have. I took this opportunity to reassess my relationship with my book collection. I don't re-read books very often. And they take up all this space. And things seem to be going digital. Should I? They're so heavy. Do I really want to take them with me when we go?

The Verdict:
I got rid of probably 70% of my book collection. I kept the books that I had on display, ones of specific sentimental value, reference books that may be hard to come by at a library, and my school books. That's it. I sent the rest to good will. It's done. I can't go back.

I have now put my boots and other shoes on my book shelves, as my shoes didn't seem to have enough room on the shoe rack. I must say -- my book shelves look so much better now.

2 comments:

eclaires said...

Weighing my hands back and forth: shoes? books? shoes? books?

I love you, Sharon! And yes, digital is great. Someday, I'll have a Nook or a Kindle.

Sharona said...

Yeah. Some day I will too. :)