Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Déjà Vu







Last week, I went to see my gynecologist. I hadn't been in about a year and a half. I know. Shame on me. The last time I went he asked me when I was planning to have kids. It wasn't the first time I'd been asked, but it was the first time I felt so obligated to share. My response was, "Oh, I think in about 2 years."

This time he asked me the same question.

I had the same answer.

But I'm not declaring it a chronic problem until I answer the same way three times in a row.

3 comments:

eclaires said...

I can sort of relate... only my gynecologist asks me if I'm dating someone EVERY time I go. It's getting a bit old to tell him I'm not, or I just broke up with someone. I don't think he genuinely cares about my marital status, I think he just wants to deliver my babies... kind of annoying, actually. Can't I be me and not just a baby making machine? Thanks.

Sharona said...

Yeah. I guess we should probably expect that gynecologists are focused on our reproductive abilities, but it's a little jarring, all the same. :)

dolly d. said...

Way to go. I say play life like Calvin Ball: the only rule is that you can't use the same rule twice.