Thursday, March 25, 2010

Never Say Never

I thought I was done. Really. I thought I was on my way to other things. There are, after all, other things in life.

But then it started seducing me back. First it was waving its arms at me and jumping up and down saying how close it was. And then it started giving me deep bargain discounts. And THEN it said it'd let me start as soon as I wanted. It was BEGGING me to come. And doing it with such perfect timing.

I'm a sucker for a good seduction, so I guess it was inevitable. Who doesn't love to be wanted? To be desired? And subsequently seduced? I have fallen and succumb. and so here I am. Back. And willing.

I will submit. You may suck my time and tap my brain and abuse me with your often arbitrary grading systems. You may demand of me whatever you want. At least for the upcoming 3 classes, at which point I reserve the right to totally re-evaluate and get my brain checked.

But I have a feeling you've got me for the long haul. You have me in your grasp for the next 1 and a 1/2 years. I will serve you.

But know this. After I serve you, you will serve me. Rest assured little MBA Program. You WILL serve me. And you'll be paying me back dearly for the next lifetime once I'm through with you. Bring it.

8 comments:

eclaires said...

:)

Wanderingfamilies said...

Good for you! Which place has you hooked for the next 1.5 years?!

Sharona said...

I work for the University of Cincinnati. They have a tuition remission program for their employees ( aka me). :)

Jefe said...

Ok, that was the weirdest post I have ever read related to going back to school, which you somehow omitted from the entire post and only briefly mentioned something at like the last sentence....weird.

Sharona said...

Do you have to use "weird"? It sounds so harsh. Unusual, perhaps. Maybe even a little sadistic. But nonetheless, for me it was a very fun, creative way to express the craziness that is me starting yet another masters degree. :) And all you can give me is "weird"? Where's the love?

Jefe said...

Love love love love love....there's your stinkin' love!! ;) It was a good read though, I do have to say that....kept me entertained the whole time.

dolly d. said...

Love it. Love you. Love school. Little jealous. Little not. :)

Sharona said...

Thank you. That is sufficient love for now.