Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thoughts on 3 Months of Marriage in Ohio

1) Married couples don't run around seeing each other naked all the time. I thought they might, but it appears they don't. Or, at least, we don't. I never was much in the habit of running around naked in the first place, so I really don't know what I was thinking.

2) Being responsible for another person's meals and cooking can easily cause a person to gain pounds. I suspected as much, but it has now been confirmed (not that it isn't something that can be moderated and controlled. I'm experimenting with and working on that now.). But previously food was the very uncenter of my life. Now I must be very much concerned with it, plan it, cook.... and it turns out I like the taste of my own cooking. As a result, I am much more tempted to eat a little more if I'm eating homemade shepherds pie rather than a microwaved morning star veggie burger. Dangerous, cooking is. Very dangerous.

3) I amd dumbfounded that I never get sick of Ben. Shocking. I never thought I'd be able to see and be around anyone so much, forget about enjoy it. I'm used to being a bit of a loner for the greater portion of my weeks.

4) People always say you don't really kiss that much after you're married. Now being married, I heartily disagree. I like to kiss Ben randomly and quite frequently while we're home. Just because I can. He seems to as well. In fact, I often have to stop the urge when we're in public because it's such a habit for me and I know PDA embarasses him.

5) One thing that IS true about getting married which I never really believed -- sex drive does go down a little after you're married. Darn it.

6) Moving in together is really not that hard of an adjustment. Granted, I'm one who's never cared from what end anybody squeezes their toothpaste, so maybe it's just my nature, and his nature. But really, it's just not very different.

7) Moving to a different state and getting a new license can do wonders for a person's driving record. Especially when it was as bad as mine. And what great insurance rates you can get when you magically have zero points on your license and no accidents to speak of! Niiiiiiicccceeee.

8) Ohio makes Utah look temperate. I am not made for 15 degree weather plus windchill on a regular basis. And without any fun snow to play, shovel or snowshoe with -- well, it's nothing but cruel. I have to mentally coach myself along every day. Think spring. Only two more months. You can do it.

9) If you're going to move across the country away from all your friends and family, having a husband you like to keep you company is a good idea. And lots and lots of games.

10) I can live without a gym membership for about 3 months without going crazy. But not much longer. I know we're all shocked I even made it that long.

5 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I heartily agree with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I don't know anything about 7, 8, and 9. And, I've never had a 10.

You are so silly......

eclaires said...

This made me smile oh so much. Also made me hopeful. Also made me think.

By the way... your blog is apparently rated R. Look at Andrea's blog for a link to check our what your blog is rated. :)

Jefe said...

We are rated R? what does that mean? That our content is for adults only? Or is in someway inappropriate for minors?

Jefe said...

I checked out the rating thing....wow, pretty easy to get an R rating. Fair enough...if you want to read our blog...don't have a filter up!

dolly d. said...

Hee hee, you are so cute. It is interesting to see how married life is or isn't like you always imagined. I too am amazed at how much time I spend with my husband and magically never get tired of it. Awesome.