Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Neu Family Reunion: 2013: Tea Party Details

Ben and I took a trip to Utah to attend a week-long reunion extravaganza with my family, and to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We started doing these bi- annual reunions -- oh, it must have been 10 years ago, as this is the fifth such reunion I can remember. Each one seems all the more precious to me.

There were a lot of activities. One of my favorites: all the girls got together for a Tea Party at Kerrie's House. Treats abounded!

 

 

Kerrie did an amazing job with the decor and setting everything up just enough so my nieces were pretty much delirious from tea party dreams come true.





And the birthday girl even got to wear a special crown.


Girly activities included nail painting, tea time etiquette education a' la Jane Austen by Emilie Ann, singing performances by the new Neu generation, a fashion show, a baby shower for Erika, birthday hullabaloo for Bitsy, and a lovely Q&A with my dear mother, the matriarch of the family, where we listened to and recorded her answers to some of life's big questions and got to hear and rehear some of her amazing stories. 



 










Tragically, I couldn't find a photo of my mom at this event. But I promise she was a big deal! And it was a wonderful afternoon. We should get together, just ladies, more often. This was such a a good time!

PS -- Thank you Kerrie & Erika for taking such fabulous photos all week long! AKA -- pictures courtesy of my two amazing sisters-in-law

2 comments:

eclaires said...

Looks like a wonderful time!

So, I don't mean to take away from this post or the others there, but since this is indeed your blog, I'm going to say it. You look positively stunning in the photos. Your hair. Your outfit. The cheery look on your face. Radiant, my friend. The end.

And recording your Mom was SUCH a good idea! :)

Unknown said...

Ah, thanks! Being captured standing around people I love tends to do wonders for me. :) Katie mentioned you were feeling ill the night of the anniversary party (to be posted no soon). I am so sorry! It seems like you've been through the ringer this year with health. Hopefully you get rested up well so you're ready for another girl's weekend sometime soon. I think those should be bi-annual to. :)