Thursday, June 7, 2012

Call Me Self-Indulgent



No, really. I think you should. I submit to you the following facts to substantiate my claim:

I don't just like to travel. I like to travel a lot and try to go somewhere every month (or so, as schedule permits).

I don't just like ice cream. I like the GOOD ice cream. And I eat it almost every day.

I don't just like shoes. I LOVE shoes. And I allow myself to buy ridiculous shoes that no one could ever need and yet I could never do without.

I could go on, but that could be a little TMI. And I think you get the idea. Ironically, while there are a lot of words that have been used to describe me over the years, we all seem to have missed this one. At least I can't recall anyone making such an accusation. And I don't know how we did as it seems so obvious now. In regards to the things I love, I put almost no limits on how much I am allowed to consume of them. And it turns out I'm capable of consuming A LOT of the things I love. Furthermore, I haven't found a good reason not to. And I feel absolutely no remorse or guilt for said consumption.

Is there a support group for this? Hello. I'm self-indulgent. And I see no reason to stop. Would you like a bit of my ice cream?

1 comment:

eclaires said...

THIS is why we're friends. I get it. Häagen-Dazs is really the only ice cream I ever buy, if I buy it. And last week... oh, I found the perfect combination of three flavors: vanilla (always my favorite), chocolate chocolate chip, and pistachio. Oh, that pistachio. So. Good.