Monday, December 8, 2008

New week, new day...very few thoughts!

The Thanksgiving holiday is really just ending for me. I know, I know, it has been over for well over a week, but I am just returning to my humble abode this afternoon, and I figured I would say hello to celebrate all the wonderful treats I enjoyed while away in the wild wild west we call Minnesota. It was a running theme that my older sibling, we'll call Hoser and his peculiarly enjoyable family, including Tootz (ˈṫtz) and the little 'ns live in the wild wild west because they are about 45 minutes outside of Minneapolis. Now, that may not seem like a very far distance, and in reality it isn't, but coming from a New York City suburb, let's just say that in 45 minutes, I feel like I should be hunting or something with that much greenier. And it appears that they do have aspirations of such.

Hoser tends to be a piro, burning everything flammable. Once he torched a couch and a few other things in his backyard, and I believe the flames were taller than the house! Then, the other day he brought home a package of dry ice from work (it was used to transport human organs...nice eh?) so that we could make dry ice bombs! And to top it off, he has been driving around with a hand gun in his trunk, and of the two of them (Tootz and Hoser) Tootz is the one with a carry permit. Go figure!

So, yes, Minnesota is for all intents and purposes in my mind the wild wild west...full of backyard blazes, gun totin' hosers, and home made pyrotechnics! And fortunately for me, I love 'em for that. Although I have no ambition of being a gun-totin', fire startin', bomb throwin' wild frontiersman, I do enjoy watching them get excited about the myriad of entertainment and enjoyment those activities provide them. And it makes me laugh every time they talk about it....and who can pass up a good laugh...I mean really?

Anyways, it is back to the world of the working and living for me..who woulda known?

2 comments:

eclaires said...

You know, every time I begin to forget that this blog is entitled TWO Little Runts, Jefe reappears!

Jefe said...

Yes, yes, I am horrible at said postings on Two Little Runts...but I do live, and I rarely post. You would think I would post more often, but obviously not my strong point. I always endeavor to be better.