Thursday, June 26, 2008

Special Announcement

Ok, so another reason I haven't had a lot to blog about the last couple of weeks is because, aside from being busy with the dress business, I have been very busy with other plans that I have not, until now, been able to formally announce. However, Male and I have just decided it's too hard to keep a secret from people (and to be quite honest, I have been terrible with leaking it out to certain people who it seemed impossible for me not to tell. I am too honest and open a person to keep this kind of a secret well. I mean really! Especially when you put me in a car on a 6 hour trip to Vegas for three days with three VERY GOOD friends.)

So, without further ado: Ben and I are getting married.

TADA!

Many of you have known this was coming. I've kinda known too. But only kinda. What can I say? It's not right till you're ready, and we really took THIS long for that to happen. And now it's great! I am really, really excited! Especially because now we are doing all that planning and preparation stuff and it's getting kind of fun. I just bought my wedding dress today! Now, of course, finding the right shoes... that is going to take me more time. MUCH more time.

We have also picked a date & time. We will be wed on Friday, September 26th, 2008 at the Bountiful Temple and be having a reception in Salt Lake that night. Please mark your calendars as very very busy that day and expect invitations with cheesy, happy couple pictures to be coming in the mail within the next couple months.

It is so soon, and I have virtually no time to plan an event like this, especially when the date is so soon (did I mention it was soon?), and I think we're nuts for doing so fast. Fast being relative, considering we've been buzzing around each other, dating and talking to and about each other for the past three years. But you know what I mean.

Umm, yeah. So, that's my big news. Wedding plans. And for anyone who doesn't know -- Male is Ben.

Of course, now I might actually have to tell him about my blog. Geez. Hmm... Maybe not QUITE yet. Somethings are better disclosed AFTER the wedding day. :)

4 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Yay for Sharon and Ben! I am so so happy for you guys. Even though I've never met Ben, I'm sure you guys are perfect together and I can't wait to meet him! I will mark my calender and see what I can do about getting out there. What fun! We love you and are so happy for you!

eclaires said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad the cat's out of the bag! :) And what better day than exactly three months before you're set to wed. :) I'm so excited. Congratulations!

dolly d. said...

Yay!!! That is so super duper. I am a little curious for if you ever do tell Ben about your blog. Ty knows about mine but I know he never reads it so I'm thinking I might just start talking about him anyway. Ha! And I want to see your dress!

dolly d. said...

Oh yes, you will definitly know things as soon as I can tell you. And I absolutly understand the thing of leaking info before you are "officially" allowed to. Tell you what, sometimes things just come up. I'm pretty sure it's impending, though, which is really really exciting.