Thursday, August 9, 2007

Updates

I have to admit I have nothing really thought-provoking, profound or interesting to blog about. I am all anticipation right now, looking forward to a WHOLE WEEK off work and wishing that week were more like 3 months (also wishing that week were already happening.) Things have not, however, been eventless. And so, to these events, I shall share the excitement with you in pictures!!!

Firstly, Male had a birthday and I threw him a surprise party (which went smashingly, by the way). Some happy party-goers can be found here:































Next, I went to a triathlon. I was supposed to participate in this triathlon as being the runner of a team. Unfortunately, I have a stiff ankle and a 6 mile run ended up being a not-so-hot idea. But I had already roped my dearest friend into swimming for the team, so I went up to offer my moral support. It was up at Hyrum State Park, near Logan. It is beautiful there. And though we had to wake up at 4 am to get there (OWWW! Especially since I had to rush home afterwards to work an 8 hr shift), it was a great time.







































Last, but not least, Male's sister had a wedding. This too was a tiring day. But I took the day off work, which made up for it completely. And on the other upside, the bride looked gorgeous and the weather was perfect. For some reason the wedding was like some kind of aphrodisiac -- Male and I were unusually cuddly with each other all day. For a boy who avoids PDA like the plague and a girl who fears marriage more than most people fear public speaking, this could be said to be highly unusual and bewildering behavior. I know. I'm shocked too. Yeah, so anyway, here are a few snapshots to mark the blessed event:









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was actually lots of fun--I especially like the pix of Male. But I should clarify that, while we LOOK like we're having fun in that pictures, I'm actually somewhere between the 6th and 7th ring of Hell. Thanks for capturing that moment.

dolly d. said...

Fears marriage more than most people fear public speaking...oh man, you crack me up. And isn't it kind of relieving to have nothing too deep to worry about every now and then? I like that sometimes, to just be. And thanks for coming for moral support. It was fun and you are such a trooper.